Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Go Bananas!

I LOVE bananas!  But in the summer all of my bananas seem to go bad on the counter before I get to eat them.  It makes me very sad as I HATE to waste food.   So today I decided that I would take all of my almost rotten bananas and turn them into something yummy before it was too late!
So here is what I came up with:

Chocolate Chunk Banana Cookies!

Ingredients
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 ripened bananas
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 cup flour
1tsp salt
1tsp baking soda
4 hershey bars roughly chopped



Cream together the butter and sugars.  Once fluffy add in the eggs one at a time until completely incorporated.  Add in vanilla and banana.
In separate bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda.
Add flour to wet ingredients and beat. 

Add in chocolate chips.


Drop onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet by rounded teaspoon. 

Bake for 6 minutes then rotate (for even baking) and bake another 7 minutes.  Cool for 1 minute then move to rack to cool.  Then enjoy!


Tip:  I like to drop my cookies using an ice cream scoop with the sweeper.  It keeps the cookies the same size and shape~

Then I took the next batch of almost rotten bananas and made blueberry banana bread.. ohhh soo yummy!

Bluberry Banana Bread

Ingredients
1/2 cup of butter (1 stick)
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
3 bananas
1/2 cup half and half
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 pint of blueberries


Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream together the butter and sugar.  When fluffy add in eggs one at a time.  Once combined add in half and half and vanilla.  In separate bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.  Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined.  Then add in blueberries. 
Pour batter into two greased and floured bread pans and bake for 1 hour or until knife comes out clean.  If you are using frozen blueberries this may take a bit longer!


It's sooo yummy that I promise it won't last long, I know mine didn't!  Oh and it has been kid approved by my banana monkeys!  Just look at those happy faces!



Okay, so now for the craft reveal... drum role please.. oh wait.. sorry guys there isn't one for today, but not because of lack of trying.  In fact I have about four of them that I am currently working on and I will reveal them as soon as it is humanly possible!  Here is a quick peek into what the future may hold..


Check back with me soon..!
Love,
Pinkapotamus

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: