Friday, October 8, 2010

Crafty Ciera Blog Swap!

Hey bloggers! This is Cierra from cRafTyCiErRa (you can visit Pinkapotamus there today!) I just started blogging last week, so be easy on me! I am a mother & wife. I love to craft & cook for my family! It seems to get me through those crazy days! I love doing anything that has to do with ribbon & paint! I like to do crafts that are cheap in price but look like they cost way more! I wanted to start blogging because I love crafting & sharing my ideas with others! My favorite craft right now are these Wooden Pumpkins for Fall! I have so much fun making them & I hope you will too! They are super cheap & easy to make but the best part is...how many compliments you will recieve on them!
ITEMS NEEDED: Orange paint, brown paint, paint brush, green ribbon, green wire, scissors, glue, small wooden pole (found at any craft store), & a pole of landscape timber (found at Home Depot)
COST: This entire project cost me $12 & once you have the wood you can make TONS more!
1. Cut the timber into 3 1/2, 5, & 7 inch blocks
2. Cut the wooden pole into 3 - 1 inch blocks
3. Paint the timber orange (I did 2 coats)
4. Paint the wooden poles (stems) brown
5. After the paint has dried, glue the stems onto the top of the timber
6. Cut off 3 long sections of wire & wrap them around the handle of the paint brush to make curls
7. Wrap the wire around the stems twice so it will hold well
8. Cut your ribbon into 3 strips & tie them into a bow on top of the wire
AND YOUR DONE!
I hope you will have as much fun making these as I did! Please visit me at cRaFtYCiErRa & follow my blog to see other fun crafts, recipes, & more! Thanks for reading & happy crafting!
Cierra Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment