Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Scrappy Fabric and Tulle Tutu!

I love making gifts.. especially for girls!  They are always so pretty and fun.  This year for my girlfriend Jackie's daughter's birthday we decided to go simple but fun.. by making a scrappy fabric and Tulle Tutu!
Her daughter is a little dancer who loves pink and purple so I thought this would be perfect.. and of course I was lucky enough to have all of my materials in my fabric Stash!
Trust me for someone who is not much of  a sewing diva.. I have tons of materials that if I ever WANT to try to get better the possibilites are endless!
So if you want to make a scrappy fabric and Tulle tutu.. here is your tutu-torial!
Start with your elastic which I pinned into a circle
Notice the sewing machine in the back it is her one and only appearance for the day!
Next I sewed the seam to keep it closed.
And viola.. a circle of elastic!
Then I placed my elastic around the back of my kitchen chair and tied my fabric and tulle strips around it.
Then I made some rolled fabric and tulle flowers.
Then I added them to the skirt with some jewels of course!
Then of course, I found my reluctant um very willing assistant to model the tutu for me..
again...
and again..
and again... until it she had had enough!
So my little friend of course loved her frilly silly tutu and I hope you do tutu!
Don't Forget to Vote for your Favorite in
I am sharing with






{Junk in their Trunk}


Our Delightful Home

Oopsey Daisy
Love,
Pinkapotamus

2 comments:

  1. This is too cute! I would love for you to link up at my linky party via: ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    Mrs. Delightful
    ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so lovely! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete