Friday, April 13, 2012

Avocado Smoothie

The hubs and I decided that after our huge Easter dinner and sugary sweet eating that we are going to do some detoxing healthy eating for the next two weeks!  I thought it would fun to start out our week with some creatively  healthy smoothies!  So with no further ado... here is the Avocado Smoothie!
Ingredients

1/2 avocado
4 pineapple spears
1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
1 banana
1 tbls honey
1 cup orange juice
1 cup plain greek yogurt

Start by putting all of your fruit in the blender.
Then add your orange juice and yogurt.
Blend. Blend. Blend...
Until smooth, creamy and delicious!
Here's my little lovey enjoying hers!
That's one satisfied customer.. and she doesn't even LIKE avocado!
Hope you Love it too!
Oh and here are the foods I ate for the rest of the day!
Arugala salad for lunch with cranberries, sunflower seeds, feta cheese, grilled chicken and carrots with an orange vinagrette.
Then for dinner it was Grilled chicken in a tarragon marinade with Arugala pasta salad (recipe to follow!).
And I have to say after day 1 of detoxing.. I feel like I have more energy and I actually made it until after 9pm and cleaned a whole lot of my house!
Love,
Pinkapotamus
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I love avocado, so I am going to have to try this! I am a new follower and can't wait to see more!
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete